It is by far the common goal of every real estate agent to generate a constant, ever-changing, and steady flow of real estate sales leads. For most agents, this once meant a time consuming and fairly labor intensive process of tasks such as cold calling, in addition to sending out mass mailings. It meant taking time away from those tasks if more drastic measures were necessary, such as handing out business cards or going door-to-door to gain business.
Technology Makes Life Easier
However, with the advent of the internet, and advances in technology that have linked people worldwide, agents can now generate real estate sales leads through other means, including those that do not require massive and sometimes non-renewable resources.
Consider the following when trying to generate any real estate sales leads:
1. Mass e-mail – instead of sending out hundreds of paper letters to potential real estate sales leads, do the same thing electronically, thereby saving resources as well as time, since the letters will reach the recipients in a matter of minutes.
2. Blog – Having a real estate blog is a great asset in generating real estate sales leads. Don’t try to publish everything – visitors will become confused, and leave quickly. Publish a few bits of relative content, and keep it updated regularly.
3. Websites – The Internet can be advantageous in generating potential real estate sales leads, especially for agents. Numerous websites offer advice, listings, and other resources that were once impossible to come by.
4. Search Engines – Search Engines are by far the best way to become noticed on the Internet. Blogs and search engines can go hand in hand, as by keeping relative content on the blog, it will be noticed by more search engines, and thus more real estate sales leads.
5. Social Networking Sites – Usually frowned upon in terms of the working world (it has been known to cause some issues for businesses), sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn can be a great asset to agents looking to generate real estate sales leads. Promotion on social networking sites, used in a positive manner and with professionalism, can only benefit an agent.
Go Green to Attract Clients
Going “green”, once considered a radical concept popular to only a few, has become a worldwide movement. It is now considered gauche to use paper as though it was going out of style, as well as to use the resource of gasoline driving around a neighborhood with what might be a fruitless purpose (e.g. looking for real estate sales leads that might not materialize.)
Using technology and other “green” means to reach potential real estate sales leads is not only a concept that will aide the world, but will make an agent infinitely popular to any potential clients. Showing a willingness to advertise and promote via paperless methods, as well as a concern for both the environment and the world surrounding everyone, will help those clients to see the agent as someone willing not only to help the world, but to help them as well.